If you like pasta, you’ll love it with chorizo. After all, chorizo is a spicy, colourful and flavourful Spanish sausage that can infuse your favourite pasta with the most vibrant flavour. Let’s show some love to Spain’s famous rust-red cured sausage and make ourselves a pot of pasta.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 500 gr pasta (such as penne)
- 150gr Gokoa Mild Chorizo or Gokoa Hot Chorizo.
- 15 oz Apis Organic Tomato Sauce (Frito,) Apis Tomato Sauce (Casero) or Apis Tomato Sauce (Frito)
- 1 tsp Regional Co. Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 5 tbsp 1881 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the pasta and cook al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice the chorizo. Heat a frying pan and cook the chorizo with a teaspoon of olive oil. (4-5 minutes) until slightly charred and cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt and sugar. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta and serve.
- Alternatively, top your pasta with grated cheese and chopped basil.
- Drizzle the pasta with olive oil after draining to prevent it from sticking.
- Calories: 710
- Fat 34.9 gr
- Carbs 75.8 gr
- Protein 24.6 gr