Piquillo peppers are colourful veggies with lots of flavour — they’re not spicy at all! When grated with cheese, you get a lovely appetizer and tapa to entertain your guests and yourself. Did you know piquillo peppers are deliciously compatible with tuna?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 jars Dantza DO Lodosa Whole Red Piquillo Peppers
- 1 jar Serrats Bonito White Tuna in Olive Oil
- Grated cheese as needed
- For the white sauce:
- 1 L milk
- 75 g butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and lightly cook the mixture until golden. Stir constantly.
- Add the milk gradually and allow the mixture to boil.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, fill the red piquillo peppers with white tuna and place them on a baking tray.
- Cover the peppers with white sauce, top with grated cheese and cook au gratin until golden and bubbly.
- Serve these piquillos with artisan bread slices to scoop the sauce from the plate.
- Make a vegetarian version by filling the piquillo peppers with extra grated cheese.
- Calories: 349
- Fat 22.6 gr
- Carbs 17.9 gr
- Protein 19.6 gr