Home-made lentils with Goikoa Chorizo is a healthy and delicious meal for everyone to enjoy.
Servings: 6 - 8
Prep time: 120 minutes
- 120 g of Lentils
- 150 g of air dried Goikoa Chorizo
- 1 large carrot
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of paprika (Carmencita Smoked Paprika)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (1881)
- Pinch of salt (Carmencita Sea Salt)
- Peel and chop the garlic, carrot and onion into julienne strips, and place in a saucepan with a touch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Cover and leave to brown on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Next, slice the Goikoa Air-Dried Chorizo and add to the saucepan, stir and leave to cook with the other ingredients for a further 2 minutes, allowing the fresh chorizo to work its magic on the rest of the ingredients.
- After 2 minutes, add the paprika and lentils (washed beforehand so ensure they are clean), stir and leave so the pulses can absorb the flavours of the sauce.
- Add water to cover the stew, cover, and leave to cook over a medium heat for one hour. Important: Make keep the stew topped up with stock during cooking. If it dries out, add more water and leave to cook for the remaining time
- After an hour, check to see if the lentils are ready, and you’re all set to enjoy this magnificent dish