Huevos Rotos, also known as Huevos Estrellados, is a traditional Spanish meal particularly top-rated in Madrid. Sunny side-ups cooked this way go back to at least the 1800s, and although always memorable, huevos rotos are really easy to make! Enjoy this colourful at any time of day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 yellow potatoes, cut into strips
- 4 eggs
- “1881 Extra Virgin Olive Oil,” as needed
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley as a garnish
- Toss the potatoes with salt and pan-fry them until golden.
- Transfer the potatoes to your serving plates and set them aside.
- Cook the eggs in the leftover olive oil on high heat to crisp the whites. Leave the yolks runny.
- Once the egg white begins to crisp, transfer the eggs on top of the fries.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Invite your guests to slice the egg yolks open and let them run over those golden potatoes.
- Alternatively, air-fry or deep fry the potatoes.
- Get creative by adding paprika to your eggs.
- Top your broken eggs with Serrano ham, chorizo or pork sausage to make a heartier meal.
- Calories: 398
- Fat 23.1 gr
- Carbs 35 gr
- Protein 15.1 gr