Paella is one of Spain’s flagship meals and one of the most colorful and flavorful rice dishes worldwide. Paella is a specialty in sunny Valencia, on the Mediterranean coast, and it’s one of the region’s oldest and most picturesque dishes.
Not all paellas are created equal, though. Variations exist, and every family in Spain seems to have its own recipe! At The Spanish Store, we offer many products to help you create a wholesome and satisfying paella in the comfort of your home without special skills. Bring the flavors of Spain to your table and call some friends over because this one will be quite a meal!
Explore our paella kits and choose the right one for you — select your favorite proteins, and you’re good to go. Here’s how to use a traditional Carmencita Paella Kit to make paella at home fast and easy. Choose between a vegetable paella or a seafood paella. You can also make Valencia’s rare black paella or their noodle paella version, the fideua!
How to Make a Paella with one of our Carmencita Mixes:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Naturvie Extra Virgin Olive Oil Arbequina as needed
- Sivaris Bomba Rice
- Dantza Whole Artichokes DO Tudela,
- Serrano Roasted Red Peppers
- Carmencita Paella Mix
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a paella pan and sauté your favorite vegetables.
- Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes over a low flame.
- Add the contents of the Carmencita Paella Mix and stir to combine.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10 more minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Alternatively, season with saffron and sea salt. (Carmencita Saffron Threads Extra, Carmencita Mediterranean Sea Salt)
- Although you don’t need a paella pan to make paella, the shallow, thin pan is handy. If you enjoy paella, get an Original Paella Enameled Steel Paella Pan.
- Making paella is that easy! If you prefer watching an instructional video — watch this easy ‘How To’ video by Carmencita.
- Shop Online at: https://thespanishstore.com/collections/rice-pasta
- If you’re looking for a bundle of all of these products, check out our New Mediterranean Paella Experience Kit, available at THIS LINK.
- Calories: 465
- Fat 10.2 gr
- Carbs 84.9 gr
- Protein 8.9 gr